This spring we had Caleb and Micah playing baseball through the YMCA. This being Caleb's second year he was "all knowing" when it came to the drill of practices and the games. Micah on the other hand was not so sure of the concept. He was really excited to play, but he is not so sure of uncertain situations and gets a bit shy. The boys and I had been in MN and had missed the first practice. Micah was all nervous about having to play a game without knowing anyone. Anyway, we got him to his first game and he goes out into the field and does fine. He comes up to bat and hits the ball and begins running the bases. He gets all the way to second and yells out to Adam and myself, "Hey, Daddy! I'm not shy anymore!" Then we go to the second game and Micah goes up to the coach and asks him, "Are you the same coach I had last time?" The coach responds, "Yes, and are you the same Micah?" Micah in turn responds, "Yes, don't you see my red hair?"
What a hit baseball has been. It was crazy going to two different games with Adam going with one to one field while I ran with the other to another field. But the boys really enjoyed it and we have had some great opportunities to interact with many people in our community. Needless to say, we are very glad it is over for now.
Monday, May 21, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


8 comments:
Kelly, those pictures were so adorable. They look like they've grown since I saw them last! I sure wish we could see you this weekend...hopefully Wednesday morning will work. We could do a 5:00am breakfast - hee hee
We have yet to try baseball but Andrew would love it. We just finished soccer and I understand what you mean with one parent on one field watching and the other parent on another field! It was fun but we are ready for a break. Adorable pictures. Boys and sports!!! I love it!
Kelly, That is a great story! "are you the same coach I had last time?" HA!! that is hilarious! Funny kids. Love ya!
How cute is that? Love the Micah story (Don't you see my red hair?- that's a great line!) Looks like they're both naturals.
Kelly, sounds like so much fun! Thanks for your suggestions on my blog about homeschooling. I tagged you on my blog, so check it out!
They are very good baseball players...Quite different watching them this year than last, they take the game very serious now!
Love the pictures!! So cute:).
I am looking forward to getting Kendra involved in sports someday. We enrolled her in Gymboree Play & Music for a year, and that was fun (and good for her too)!
We need some new entries here! A distant aunt and uncle want to see what our cute nephews are up to!:D
Post a Comment