The boys and I have had so much fun visiting with Danielle and clan but you never know what exciting things are going to happen when we get together. We were able to hear Mike sing with the kids. I will have to say that Mackenzie was the star of the show. She definitely enjoys singing! We decided to leave the kids a little early to get home and get everyone situated for bed time which sounded like a great idea. I looked in my purse to get my keys and realized that they were gone. I had people from her church on the floor looking in the pews, the different rooms, and the hallways but no keys. While Mike and I were looking outside and inside for these missing keys, Danielle was in a van full of seven rambunctious kids trying to keep her sanity. I knew I had not left them in my van so we were dumbfounded as to where they went. As we looked around the parking lot, we realized we were the last ones to leave. Remember we left early to get a head start. Well, when we got home Danielle came running down the stairs proclaiming that the keys were in her purse. How did that happen, you ask? I had left the keys on the pew and Danielle being such a helpful wife thought that they were Mike's and put them in her purse. She felt stupid and I was relieved!
Thursday, January 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Welcome to the blogging world Kelly. I knew you just for a very short time in high school (me in junior high). It's been so much fun meeting everyone all over again.
I feel like I'm forever looking for my keys too; however, I don't have the excuse of someone picking them up for me:) What a blessing to have such a great friend!
Kelly, with that many children in the picture nobody is thinking carefully. We are not responsible for our actions anymore. I tell Scott all the time that I have lost a little more of my brain with each child. I cannot be adamate(?) about anything anymore like I used to be able to be!!! That is probably a good thing!:)
Kelly! Love the pic of you and Dani! That is crazy...I had to make 5 copies of my car key, bringing the total to 7. I distributed them to friends and through my purses, but still managed to lock myself out of my car 1x a month...I now just have a magnetic key holder that goes under my car....I hope no one from lafayette reads this...
I have to clarify to everyone that I wasn't being a good friend! I was being an idiot...why in the world would I pick up a set of keys and stick them in my purse. And why wouldn't I remember that I did that...at least some time during the searching process. Kelly is not losing her mind...I AM!
I don't know who I feel worse for...Kelly looking all over someone else's church for her keys...or Danielle having to sit in a van with seven kids! Well, at least you found them! Love the pic of you and Danielle. :)
Kelly, I had such a fun time with you. It went SO fast. I talked with Jill on the phone tonight and she is going to try to find a time to get with us.
Post a Comment