Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas Memories

It seems that Christmas comes and goes faster each year. All the anticipation and planning and then before you know it Christmas has past and all you have are the memories of that special day.

This Christmas was exciting for me to have my whole family celebrating at our home Christmas Day. Some of my favorite memories are:
*Watching my kids opening up their gifts
*Hearing about the early morning Bible study my dad had with his grandkids
*Beating my brother at ping-pong. :)
*Seeing the children acting out the Christmas story
*Shopping with my dad, mom, and sister
*Spending hours chatting with my sister in our pj's.

Today, though, I woke up with the "post Christmas blues". I was thinking of the tons of cleaning and laundry that needed to be done and all the other chores that were awaiting me. Then as the day progressed, my heart was rebuked. I started to think of all that I have in Christ and how much peace, joy, love, and hope that He brings. I can't imagine not knowing the true meaning of Christmas, and thinking that time with family and the giving and receiving of gifts was all there was. Those things are wonderful, but Christmas is so much more.

I can celebrate each and every day that my God loved me and gave me the most incredible gift, eternal life through His Son, Jesus. I am not sure what the new year holds for our family, but I thank the Lord that I can rest assured that He is in control. He will never leave me or forsake me. He will give me the grace to face whatever happens in the days ahead. I have cause to rejoice today!

Luke 1:46,47, and 49
...My soul magnifies the Lord, And my spirit has rejoiced in God my Savior.
For He who is mighty has done great things for me, and Holy is His Name.

2 comments:

Pastor Adam Love said...

You are truly God's greatest gift to me. Next to Him saving my soul, you saved the rest of me! I love you and am so glad you asked me out! =) Looking forward to another great year together, Sweetheart.

Unknown said...

Well written, Kelly! What a great reminder for this time of year! Christ is truly cause for celebrating-all year long. :) Hope you all have a very blessed 2009!